The Beginning

Saturday, October 01, 2016




Hi there! I'm Macey, and this is my first ever post, how exciting!!

I thought I'd start this blogging adventure with a post that entails something of me and who I am. First off, the most important aspect of my life is my relationship with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and I strive to give Him my all in word, deed, and thought. My family comes next; I have two wonderful parents and two siblings, a younger sister and brother. My church family and the friends there that I have grown up with also are a massive part of my life.

I am sixteen years old and am a Senior in high school. Yup, you heard me, 16 and a Senior. You ask, how on earth does that even work?! Well, let me tell you: I was born on a rainy Thursday on the 18th of November in 1999 and pretty much barely made the cutoff to be enrolled in my grade!

I live in the ever sunny California, but trust me, it's not as great as it sounds. If you're not from California, you might have this very misleading idea that it's all glamour, lolling about under palm trees with  surfer dudes. Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not all true. We are currently in an emergency drought situation, and we really really need some rain. People in LA think it's hot at 83 degrees but it can get up higher than 110 degrees in the central valley and, worst still, it gets humid and muggy! The heat lasts the majority of the year, basically skipping spring, and winter is more like autumn--too short and not cold or rainy enough. (Although last year wasn't as bad to be fair.) However, I am proud to be a Californian and the beaches here are fantastic let me tell you!

My interests vary and are many, ranging from reading (like it's going out of style), all the tea, everything Hobbit/Lord of the Rings related, home decor, writing, the sea, watching old black and white films, to playing the piano, all things England (England is great isn't it), the ocean (again), and generally being a whimsical, quirky, and happy little weirdo.

I've decided to start a blog for quite a few reasons, among these are: (hopefully) becoming a better writer for it, documenting monuments in my life like my Senior year, and being inspired by all the fine blogs out there. Among these, I have of course been inspired by Zoe Sugg, Tanya Burr, and my friend Sophie aka Petals of Perfection who has an amazing blog and helped me tons with this process (go follow her here, she deserves it!) Also, when I was younger, the idea of having my own little space on the internet seemed so exciting, and I never lost that desire!

On this blog I want to share with you that which I ponder and mull over including lifestyle and beauty topics and some random bits and bobs.

Anyhow, that's just a bit of me, myself, and I, and I invite you to come on in, the water's fine!

You Might Also Like

2 comments