The Autumn Tag

Saturday, November 12, 2016

   Oh my goodness. The Autumn Tag. This is a MUST!! I found this on this lovely blog here and added the last original question. Although I wasn't tagged in it, I felt I had to do it and I'm tagging the one and only Sophie Edwards at Petals of Perfection (Soph you can just disregard #9 haha) Well.... without further ado, let's do it!



1. What signifies the start of Autumn for you?

Definitely the first day of Autumn, because I can officially put up all my Autumnal decor and make it all cosy and nice. However, since summer lasts forever where I live, what really makes it Autumn for me is the weather because that kicks off long sleeves, boots, wind, grey skies, etc.

2. What is your favourite Fall scent?

I don't wanna be all cliche but c'mon people. Pumpkin Pie, it's gotta be. It signifies everything associated with Autumn ever!!

3. What is your favourite Autumn colour?

Redddddd. For sure. More specifically, a dark, deep red. When Christmas comes, you just have to add green and boom clap there ya go. I don't wear red; I only have red out at Valentine's, which is ages ago, so red leaves, red garlands come out at this time and they are the warmth. Does that even make sense? Nah, it sounded really good and sensible in my head haha.

4. What is your favourite Fall drink?

Now, until this year, I had not tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I know, crazy right? I just don't go there that often and always forget the difference between a Frappuccino and that other title. And at Starbucks, if it's a coffee drink I tend to go for the cold option. If it's a tea I usually always have it hot, so that would be a Latte (right?!). But back to the point, I'm gonna say the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino is my favourite.... however I do love a good Chai Tea Latte at this time of year as well, so..

5. What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?

Not really looking forward to any TV show, but I am really looking forward to restarting The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings with my family. It's become somewhat of a tradition -- we start watching those movies on my birthday, and since we never finish any one of those movies in one sitting, we watch them in sections throughout the next few months until we watch them all.

6. What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?


Hmmmm.. there are too many!! Over-sized anything, ankle boots, leggings, and olive/tan windbreakers.

7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?

Honestly have no idea haha. Sitting inside admiring the cold weather or having a walk outside don't involve spending any money. 

8. What is your favourite makeup look come autumnal weather? 

The oranges!! I love to wear a shimmer orangey-gold over my lid with a matte orange through my crease, maybe a small bit of a dark orange in the very outer-v for some added definition. I tend to stick with oranges throughout the fall and the cranberry, burgundy mauves in the winter.

9. Are you a bigger fan of Thanksgiving or Halloween?

Thanksgiving!! It's a time to reflect on the year, spend time with family, be grateful and thankful for the grace the Lord Jesus has shown us throughout the year. Not to mention it's a holiday every American should be proud to celebrate -- our ancestors came here to find religious freedom, the greatest of our rights. Also, FOOD!! Turkey, stuffing, rolls smothered in butter, etcetera!!!


I've really enjoyed writing up this post. It is going up as I am currently out of town with my family this weekend, enjoying crisp, piney mountain air and a cosy cabin without wifi (oh joy), but really, it's great to be disconnected and just with my family. Happy Veteran's Day weekend

You Might Also Like

0 comments