Happy Dappy Birthday

Saturday, February 04, 2017




To my sweet sweet friend, Erika (honey bunches of oats hehe):

Boy oh boy have the years flown. It seems like just yesterday we were playing pretend in my (then) new house, and you were the evil stepmother and we were the poor, poor orphans. It seems like yesterday we were all eating mediocre Chinese food at 'Clinton's' and discussing the 'drama' of the time. It seems like yesterday we were angels in the Christmas play, singing Angels in the Realms of Glory. 



Here we are, 18 years into our young lives, friends all our lives, but 3 years in a close friendship. We are graduating this year, can you believe it?! How is this possible?? Just yesterday we were in 7th grade and you had ombred hair, and I was terrible at fashion myself:') We are on the brink of so many exciting changes, a new chapter in our lives.



How much we have changed and transformed. I have watched you become more in love with Jesus, and it blesses me to see you so faithful to Him despite your circumstances. When I hear you pray, lead us in worship, or sing on a Friday night, I can see how the Lord has anointed you. I know He has so much good in store for you, and I am excited to start college with you, and see God show you and I what to do with our lives, and the ministries He has for us.


You are such a blessing to me. Your quiet exterior is misleading, if people only knew how WILD you get when it's just us girls, boy would they be surprised hehe. Your wacky sense of humor is bomb dot com, you make me laugh allllll the time. #andallthepeoplesaidamen!! You have such a contagious laugh, let me tell you, when you get going, it's hard to stop:') #CAPILUCACA!!! I love that with you, I can laugh until my sides hurt, and I seriously feel like I did 100 crunches, and there are tears running down my cheeks. I enjoy our long walks and deep talks. You are so kind, thoughtful, and caring. And you are so bee-you-tee-full and oh so pwetttyyyyyyy. I will forever be jealous of your makeup skillz. Your beauty isn't superficial; it truly is inside and out. You have a sweet spirit and one that shines the love of our Saviour.

Erika, I just want to wish you the happiest of birthdays, and I am so grateful for your friendship

You Might Also Like

0 comments