My Ultimate Travel List

Saturday, February 25, 2017


Ever since I was about 9, I began to have an interest in traveling. I had just watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and I fell in love with England. I became enchanted with English culture and the beautiful countrysides all throughout England. (I do want to write up a post about why I love England so much, because I really really really do, and I could easily make that a separate post.) Anyhow, since then, I've wanted to go there, and as I've grown older, read and watched more films, as well as expanded my interests in general, my travel list has increased.


  1. England. It is beautiful, gorgeous, and breathtaking. The small villages and idyllic countrysides are so appealing. On the other end of the spectrum, London itself, with Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussad's, and the London eye are also extremely appealing. The culture and history are things that fascinate me, and I am in luvvvv.
  2. New Zealand. Do I really need to say more?! The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, all favorite films of mine, were filmed in that stunning country. Not only would I want to visit the real-life Hobbiton, I just want to be able to sit somewhere there, gazing in awe at the beautiful and captivating sights. 
  3. Boston. So much of American history is held in that beautiful city. I have always been a major fan of the American revolution (makes sense, I'm a proud American haha), and I have read so many novels and historical pieces about Boston. (I would recommend Johnny Tremain!!!!) I would love to go there and breathe the air of a city where so much happened that furthered the cause for freedom, liberty, and justice. 
  4. Scotland. Learning about the hero William Wallace has caused me to want to visit his country. I would love to be able to see historical sights there regarding William Wallace and of course, the rest of Scotland's rich history.
  5. New York. I feel like this is on everyone's list. It's a gorgeous city, full of history and amazing sights. Personally, I would really appreciate being able to go to Ground Zero and pay my respects to all the American heroes who gave their lives that fateful day. 
  6. Hawaii. Super cliche, but if you couldn't tell already (LOL), I'm a massive history fan and the sole reason for my desire to go there is to see the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial and other historical sights there in Hawaii.
  7. Amsterdam. The story of Anne Frank is so heartbreaking and compelling. Every time I read it, I am reminded of how precious and short life is, and how it can be taken even when we are young and feel invincible. I always come away from it with a more grateful heart and attitude. I would be so blessed to go the Anne Frank House and see where she and her family hid for those last 2 protected years.
  8. If God allows me to see all of these other places, and I've got time (that's also up to God, please Lord, I would really appreciate it), I would like to visit all the original 13 colonies and see the history there, and if I can, I would also like to visit other places in Europe -- historical sights relating to World War 2, Rome, and/or Sweden.
This might not be the most extensive list in the world, but it is my current travel wishlist, and I hope I am blessed enough to visit at least a few of these places.

You Might Also Like

0 comments