The Spring Tag

Saturday, March 18, 2017



Spring is here!! I am so excited for Spring this year, more I think, than any other year. I am ready for sunshine, floral prints, light, breezy tops, and April Showers (cali still needs them lol). I decided that for this week's post, I'd do the Spring Tag. I am not doing any particular tag, I am just compiling questions from two blog posts that I found online, you can find them here and here.


What eye palette will you use the most this Spring?
I go to my trusty Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 3 palette. I love the shimmery pinks for this time of year!! I also use the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette; I love the shimmery rose gold, the light pink matte shade, and the dark pink/burgundy shade. (i would insert pics here but as i've had these palettes for a while now, they're a bit old and dingy and not so aesthetically pleasing LOL)


What is on your Spring/Easter break agenda?
I will be going to the beach, taking Senior pictures, hanging out with friends, and of course, celebrating Easter!!


What trends are you looking forward to the most?
I pay literally zero attention to whatever the projected trends are. I mean I notice what others wear and think "Oooh I might like to buy one of them" or "I need to style steal that", but I have no clue what the fashion admin are calling for this Spring. Personally, I am looking forward to buying floral, flowy blouses: items a tad more dressy than my basic, casual, tee style. I am also looking forward to getting some overalls and sandals.


What is Spring like where you live?
It usually gets warm immensely quick (#californiadrought #californialiving), and the comfortable kinda warm is short lived, only returning on occasion. For the most part, it is sunny, breezy and temperatures between 70-low 80s. (Sometimes high 80s bc the drought has killed us these last few years.) Hoping that this year, with the drought exiting the system, it will be a proper Spring, nice and cool for the most part, with April showers.


Florals. Gotta have 'em or make them stop?
Gotta have 'em!! Spring is flowers, flowers are Spring. You absolutely cannot have one without the other.


Favorite thing to do in Spring?
Go outside!!! I love to go out and sit on my balcony, reading or writing, basking in the sun and breeze. Or playing catch with the football with my little brother in the afternoons.


What three colors remind you of Spring?
Definitely everything pastel. Yellow, Green, Pink, and Blue are the ones that immediately come to mind.


First thing you add to your Spring wardrobe?
Floral anything honestly. Dresses, rompers, blouses.


Do you change your hair in Spring?
I do try to incorporate boho braid vibes at this time of year. The effort doesn't last long and pretty much only happens on Easter and other random days when I have the time and patience to do so. Heigh ho, at least I try.


What do you add/drop from your skincare routine?
I just up the sunscreen application. I know the sun is out all year round, yada yada, and I do wear a moisturizer with sunscreen all year round, but I am little more liberal with it this time of year.

Okay so that was the (abridged? updated? combined?) Spring Tag, I hope you enjoyed my take on it, and I tag Sophie at Petals of Perfection to do this!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments